While retrieving email messages using Outlook Express 6, i got this Error 0x800c0133 and somehow i cant retrieve any new message anymore. After searching the net on how to fix this, i found out that my Inbox Folder is corrupted. I can still open my Inbox Folder and read all my old messages, but i cannot retrieve new email messages.
To fix this, you have to follow this steps:
- Open Outlook Express, on the left panel, right click “Local Folders”, select “New Folder…”, specify a name for your new folder as “Temp”.
- If you are still able to access “Inbox”, move all mails in “Inbox” to the new “Temp” folder.
- Go to menu “Tools” -> “Options” -> “Maintenance” tab -> “Store Folder” button. It will show the location of your Inbox file, please remember this location.
- Close Outlook Express, go to the location mentioned above, delete the file “inbox.dbx”, but first make a backup of the file
- Restart Outlook Express, the “Inbox” folder should be auto recreated.
- All your old messages are stored in “Temp” Folder, move it to Inbox folder
- Check Inbox Folder if you succesfully move all your messages.
- Remove the “Temp” folder.